Before I list the benefits of hiring a life coach, can I ask you some basic questions?
- First off, do you have a dream?
- Do you desire to make progress but are unsure of how to get started?
- Have you tried to start only to find yourself overwhelmed, more stuck and ready to quit?
- Do you ever struggle with confidence or comparison?
- Are you not completely sure what your talents are?
- Do you know your life values (what matters most to you and why)?
- Ever struggle with creative block, fear or insecurity?
- Need support processing how to spend the hours of your day? Feel overly busy and unproductive?
- Does your life feel out of balance or incomplete because you’re putting off your dream?
- Ever feel confused because you have too many ideas (multi-passionate) and aren’t sure which one to start on first?
- Do you ever put your dream aside because you just aren’t sure it’s worth the sacrifice?
- Do you desire a safe person to talk to, someone who will encourage you, remind you why you’re doing what you’re doing, and point you back to the truth when you’re believing a lie?
If you answered yes to all or most of these questions, then I believe you will benefit from hiring a coach.
But the most important thing before you get started is to find a coach that you trust. Just like friendship or any relationship, there has to be a sense of authenticity, openness and safety. You will not make progress if you don’t feel like you’re in a safe environment. Yes, even over the phone, you need to feel comfortable to share from your heart and be yourself.
Also not every coach has the same training or belief system. For example, I’m a Christian and my worldview is based on biblical principals. Even though I don’t specialize in coaching on spiritual development, I coach with the lens that my clients are made in the image of God. I believe each woman has significant value and unique gifts and talents. Many coaches out there believe in the universe or karma or the law of attraction. That’s not me. So as you consider coaching, you will want to make sure your coach has the same moral compass you do before you get started.
17 Benefits of Hiring a Coach
2. Honest, constructive feedback
3. Open-ended questions that get you thinking
5. A brainstorming partner
8. Focused time on you, your agenda, your dreams without the emotional attachment of friends or family
9. A safe place to process any negative mindsets or obstacles you may have
10. The opportunity to rediscover your core values and passions
11. Renewed hope, more courage and confidence
12. Follow up emails and forms (as needed) to help you make progress
13. A focused, intuitive listener
14. A no-shame zone
15. Breakthroughs in the way you think and respond
16. Personal growth and less overwhelm
17. Progress towards your dream. And who doesn’t appreciate progress?
If this sounds like something you’re interested in, please contact me and we can talk and see if we would make a good partnership. I offer a free 20 minute consultation call with no pressure to commit (women only). My goal is to support you, value your ideas and to see your dreams come true. I’m already on your side. And I believe in you even though you may not fully believe in yourself.